DuckDuckGo is one of the best and reliable search engine that offers fast, relevant, effective results, and it especially attractive for those users who are gathering information online and also keep track of them. However, this security and privacy based search engine are gaining popularity among millions of users across the globe as many internet users become more alert with the tracking behavior habits of Google and Facebook. It was first established in the year 2008. Due to its fastest service, it becomes the eighth most known search engine among Bing, Google, Yahoo, and others worldwide. Although it doesn’t provide its browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, instead it gives a browser and application extension only to stop online activities from being tracked by third-parties on any of the devices.
Ways to Use DuckDuckGo on Different Devices
In order to get started with the search engine DuckDuckGo Privacy protection on Google Chrome, you need to tap on the default browser search engine. To do it, follow the steps which are mentioned below in the same way and manner it displays on the screen. Follow it sequentially will save lots of precious time and efforts. Below we mention comprehensive steps for different devices browsers. Here how to do it:
One can be able to replace Bing with DuckDuckGo as their default web browser search engine on Microsoft Edge. For this, do the following steps:
- Press the ‘Ellipsis’ icon located in the toolbar of the screen.
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ icon located in the settings menu of the device.
- Alternatively, scroll down the screen and hit the ‘View Advanced Settings’ option.
- Find out ‘Search in the address bar’ by scrolling down the list appears on the screen.
- After that, tap on the ‘Change’ or Add New’ option.
- Choose the ‘DuckDuckGo’ as a default web browser and tap on the ‘Set as Default’ option.
Are you using an Apple device? Unable to use DuckDuckGo as your default browser? Here are some simple steps which are as follows:
- Firstly, launch ‘Safari’ by pressing the ‘Safari’ icon appears on the Apple device screen.
- Then, click to open a new window on the Safari web browser.
- Now, tap on the ‘Magnifying Glass’ located in the search bar of the screen.
- Finally, choose ‘DuckDuckGo’ as your default browser.
- Once selected, now DuckDuckGo is set your default search engine in Safari.
On Mobile Devices
One can use DuckDuckGo search engine as default on both iOS and Android devices. Here what to do:
On iOS devices:
- On your iOS device home page, click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Next, choose ‘Safari by scrolling down the screen.
- Click on the ‘Search Engine.’
- Finally, change your default setting search engine to DuckDuckGo.
On Android Devices:
- Hit the ‘Ellipsis’ icon located at the upper right side of the Android phone.
- Choose ‘Settings’ option from the menu list.
- Click on the ‘Search Engine’ option.
- Now, change your default search engine to DuckDuckGo.
Mark Gambill is a cybersecurity enthusiast, technical writer, privacy and security blogger, and reporter who has detailed information about antivirus software such as Trend Micro Activation at trendmicro.com/activation.