If you want to uninstall a program or application on your Mac and you don’t know how to do it, then just move the application icon from the Apps folder to the trash. But what about shortcuts that you can’t use in some apps, built-in apps, and other cases? Then follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall a program on your Mac.
Steps for Uninstalling a Program on Your Mac Through Trash
• Go to the Finder application.
• Press on the Applications option. You will find this option on the left-hand column of the Finder screen.
• Search a program which you wish to start uninstalling from the system.
• Choose the program symbol. Press on the program symbol to choose it.
• Tap on the File option. It is located on the pop-up menu given in the upper left-hand side of the display. After tapping on this option, you will get the pull-down list on display.
• Press on the Move to Trash option. It is located near the end of the file pull-down list.
• You need to tap on the Cmd and Delete keys together on the system keyboard so that you can move the file into the Trash folder.
• Tap and long press on the Trash symbol. You will get this symbol in the dock on the Mac. After a few seconds, the context menu will start showing on top of the Trash symbol.
• Press on the Empty Trash. It is located in the context menu. It will remove all the items in the Trash folder includes a program which you have move to the Trash folder.
• Now, you will not see the selected program on the Mac.
Steps for Uninstalling a Program on Your Mac Through Uninstaller
• Click on the Finder app.
• Tap on the Applications button.
• Click twice on the apps folder showing on the desktop.
• Click twice on the uninstaller app on the home screen.
• Go through the guidelines mentioned on display.
Steps for Uninstalling a Program on Your Mac Through Launchpad
• Press on the Launchpad symbol.
• Search the application which you wish to remove from the system. You can go left-hand and right-hand side with the applications menu list for finding the application which you wish to remove.
• Tap and keep pressing on the application. After a few seconds, the selected application will begin jiggling.
• Press on the X option. It is located in the upper left-hand side of the application symbol.
• Tap on the Delete button.
Mark Gambill is a cybersecurity enthusiast, technical writer, privacy and security blogger, and reporter who has detailed information about antivirus software such as Trend Micro Activation at trendmicro.com/activation.