Setting up PS4 DualShock Controller in Windows is not super easy, it requires a bit of work. The PlayStation 4 controller gives you the ease and comfort of playing games. It makes your gaming experience more entertaining. Yes, it is possible to use a PS4 controller with a PC. You will find it easy to connect your PS4 DualShock 4 controller with PC after reading this article. So let’s go through the tutorial of installing a PS4 Controller in a Windows PC.
Using of DualShock 4 Controller with a Desktop
It is not that easy to use a PlayStation controller on a PC. It requires an additional driver software to run correctly with a PC. Below is a guide on downloading the drivers for PS4 Controller in PC:
- Download “DS4Windows” from the GitHub page. [DS4Windows is a driver software that helps your PC to run PS4 Controller.]
- Now see the downloaded file in your PC.
- You can see the DS4Windows is currently in the ZIP file format.
- Now right click on the downloaded file and click on ‘extract here.’ [WINRAR is required to read ZIP files.]
- Now locate the file “DS4Windows.exe” and double click on it to begin the setup installation in your PC.
- Now the driver has been successfully installed in your PC.
Configuring the PS4 DualShock 4 Controller on your PC
- Because you are using this PS4
Controller for the first time in your PC, you’ll need to do some configuration in your desktop.
- Open DS4Windows applications to start configuring your gamepad.
- The software will ask where you want to store your saved settings and profiles- the system will show you the recommended location for saving settings. Don’t change it and click Okay to move further.
- A new popup tab will open. Click ‘Install the DS4 Driver’.
- After successful installation of the DS4Windows, you will be able to use PS4 Controller without any issue.
- The PS4 Controllers are usually supported with Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.
- If you have an older operating system in your PC, then you will also have to click on ‘install 360 Driver’ while in the setup.
Connecting the PS4 DualShock Gaming Controller with Desktop
There are two basic ways to connect your game controller with a PC:
1. Connecting with a USB cable: This connectivity is pretty much easy. Just insert the micro USB cable into your Controller and the other end of the cable in your PC[ same as we connect the phone to PC].
2. Using Bluetooth to connect PS4 DualShock: If you have inbuilt Bluetooth receiver in your desktop, then it is a Plus-Point for you because you don’t need any cable to connect. Pair your PS4 Controller’s Bluetooth with the PC ‘s Bluetooth receiver. Enjoy wireless gaming experience with no wires hanging around your hands.
If your PC doesn’t have a Bluetooth option, but you want to play games in wireless mode, then you might follow the steps:
- Buy a Bluetooth receiver online from eBay or Amazon.
- Plug in the Bluetooth receiver into your CPU’s USB port.
- Now install the drivers for the Bluetooth receiver that comes along the receiver. [If you don’t have any CD drive to install the drivers for the Bluetooth module that you have bought, then download the Bluetooth drivers separately from Google by searching the model name and make.
After successful installations of Bluetooth drivers, you can now enjoy games without any annoying wires.
Mark Gambill is a cybersecurity enthusiast, technical writer, privacy and security blogger, and reporter who has detailed information about antivirus software such as Trend Micro Activation at trendmicro.com/activation.